What to Expect in a Happy Weight Consultation
Sometimes weight just doesn’t like to budge, even though you feel like you’ve been doing everything right.
"WHY can’t I lose weight?" – you might ask yourself – or perhaps you’re looking for some extra support in your weight-loss journey. Well, weight loss isn’t as simple as calorie deficits or crash diets; it needs to be sustainable in order to get long-term results that last. You need to fit the pieces of your health puzzle together to enhance healthy weight loss and maintain your Happy Weight goals.
A Happy Weight Consultation is ideal for those who:
- Feel like they have tried everything to lose weight but just can’t
- Eat healthily and exercise regularly but aren’t getting the desired results
- Have a weight-loss goal
- Aren’t sure where to start in their journey
- Don’t know what to eat anymore
- Have constant food cravings
- Feel they need support in their weight-loss journey
- Have tried different diets without success
- Would like encouragement and support without judgment
- Would like to learn how to lose weight healthily
What takes place during a Happy Weight consultation?
During the initial consultation, a Happy Weight practitioner spends 50 minutes comprehensively evaluating your goals, struggles and limitations, as well as your health history, dietary intake, supplementations, lifestyle and pathology. This approach is key in identifying your unique weight-loss barriers.
This may include testing for (but not limited to*):
- Insulin resistance/blood sugar dysregulation
- Hormonal imbalances
- Fatty liver
- Insufficient detoxification problems
- Imbalanced gut microbiome
- Digestive insufficiencies (nutrient absorption and utilisation, in particular)
- Thyroid imbalances
- Immune dysregulation
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Insufficient sleep quality and onset
- Chronic stress
- Cardiovascular issues
Testing recommendations can be completed through your general practitioner so it is covered under Medicare.
*Tests unable to be performed through your GP can be done through your practitioner for a thorough understanding.
When it comes to weight loss and body image, your practitioner will encourage, empower and give you the tools you need to lose weight the healthy way. When you understand the underlying causes of weight gain, you can strategically target those pathways to enhance weight loss.
10 things a Happy Weight Consultation will educate you on
- Healthy portion sizes
- A healthy dietary intake for you as an individual
- Ways to make nutrient-dense food easy and delicious
- How to create a happy, healthy and confidence-boosting lifestyle
- Why you crave foods and how to beat them
- Mechanisms behind binge eating
- How to understand your hunger and satiety cues
- Tips and tricks to optimise your daily schedule for healthy meals
- How to create a healthy relationship with food
- Weight-loss biochemistry and why weight can be difficult to move
You’ll leave the consultation with:
- An individual strategy to support your weight-loss
- Dietary interventions
- Achievable lifestyle approaches
- Potential pathology testing referrals
- Knowledge, resources and inspiration
It’s vital to remember that your weight is not your worth, but it is great to feel fabulous in your own skin! If you’re looking for empowerment in your weight loss journey, this is the consultation for you. You’ll leave this consultation feeling knowledgeable about your body and its underlying mechanisms. You’ll then be more than ready to move that stubborn weight for good!
How do I book a Happy Weight Consultation?
If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.