A great weekend breakfast and alternative to the usual egg breakfast.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill to medium-high heat. Cut the eggplant lengthways into 8 thin slices, then lightly brush each side with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir the chopped mint into the ricotta until well combined, then season well.
- When eggplant is cooled but still soft, spread a heaped tablespoon of ricotta mixture at the end of 1 slice and roll up to enclose. Continue with remaining eggplant and ricotta mixture. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in a pan, cover with hot water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-6 minutes for soft-boiled, then remove and plunge into iced water. Peel, then halve.
- Place eggplant rolls, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber and olives among serving plates. Sprinkle the eggs with zaatar or sumac. Crumble over feta and drizzle with honey. Garnish with extra mint leaves and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.