- Add the water to a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow it to “bloom” for 5 minutes. (This is what helps the gelatin activate.)
- Heat the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla extract in a small pot over medium low heat. Whisk together and bring to a low simmer. Then add the gelatin and whisk again until the gelatin is fully dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Happy Collagen and mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Coat four 5.5-ounce ramekins or small glass jars with coconut oil. Pour the panna cotta mixture into the ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- For the topping, you have the option to keep the fruits raw and just mash them together. Alternatively, you can make them a bit sweeter by following the cooking method below.
- Add the fruit and 1 tbsp of honey to a small pot over medium low heat. Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until the fruit start to get mushy, then remove from the heat.
- To assemble, remove the panna cotta from the ramekin by sliding a knife along the top edge, just to clear away the suction. If it doesn’t come out easily, place the ramekin in a small bowl of hot water for 10-15 seconds to warm the outside. Then invert the ramekin on a plate to remove the panna cotta.
- Top the panna cotta with the fruit and berries and serve. Garnish with lemon zest or a sprinkle of hemp seeds, if desired. Best to be eaten straight away.
Extra NotesSuggested choices for fruit toppings are berries, stone fruit, cherries or mango.
Click on the link to purchase Happy Collagen.