- Finely chop garlic and onions. Remove stalks from broccoli and chop the florets.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil and saute the garlic and onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and add the broccoli and spinach leaves. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes only so you don’t overcook the veggies.
- Remove from the heat. Add the ginger, lime juice and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual serving bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with your favourite sourdough or crackers.