The Happy Hormones Cleansing Phase
Let me begin this article with a gentle reminder that the phytomedicines found in Happy Hormones (HH) are medicines which means they are powerful mediators within your body. So it is important when first getting started to keep this in mind and stay in touch with our practitioner team for any individual advice and recommendations.
So when you begin taking HH, your body is going to start to go through some changes as your hormones adjust accordingly.
Not all women experience this process. We estimate around 25% of ladies will or need to go through this process to get well. There are several reasons why.
- Some women may have a greater degree of imbalance.
- Some women have reduced ability to metabolise hormones and hence can experience greater fluctuations as the body balances.
- The body needs to reset its cycles. As part of this adjustment phase symptoms may surface but subside once the new normal is established.
What to expect during the cleansing phase
As a result you can experience an elevation in symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance. These symptoms can include but aren’t limited to:
These symptoms are our body’s responses changing hormone levels and in most cases settle as your body regulates its hormone levels.
"I always like to remind women that some things need to get worse before they get better!"
This phase usually happens in the first 1-2 weeks of taking HH and is a good indication that your body is responding well. It’s also important to remember that each of us is unique when it comes to our hormonal profile, so this phase may occur at different times for different women.
What you can do to help
There are a few things you can do to ease up the symptoms that are commonly associated with this cleansing phase:
- Increase your intake of dietary fibre. Fibre assists to clear excess hormones.
- Have a green juice everyday. Green juices assist the body with improved hormone clearance.
- Take Happy Liver each day. This will help a lot in supporting the functionality of the liver itself.
- Slow down your social activity and exercise schedule. This will give your body the time it needs to clear efficiently.
- Stay well-hydrated. Aim for at least 2 litres of good-quality, filtered water daily.
- Rest frequently. You may find that during this stage you need to take naps. Now is the time that you have permission to do so and your body will thank you for it!
- Indulge in magnesium salt baths. You can purchase magnesium flakes or salt from your local health food store. Simply add 1 cup to a warm bath and soak for a good 20 minutes. Add some relaxing lavender essential oils to further support your nervous system.
- Explore the benefits of dry body brushing. It’s a wonderful way to support the excretion of toxins through the lymphatic system. I recommend doing this before you shower and make sure you’re brushing towards the heart with a good-quality, organic dry bristle brush! There are some great YouTube videos explaining this.
- Practice tongue scraping on a daily basis. In Ayurvedic medicine, a toxic buildup referred to as ‘Ama’ accumulates on your tongue throughout the night. You can use a tongue scraper or even a spoon to remove this coating first thing in the morning. You’ll be amazed at what comes off!
- Infrared saunas are likewise a fantastic way to support detoxification. They stimulate the lymphatic system and nurture the nervous system at the same time. It’s important that it’s an infrared sauna as opposed to just a standard sauna for optimal benefits.
- Lower your dose of Happy Hormones if the symptoms are too extreme, bothersome or debilitating.
- Stay in touch with our practitioner team. They can support you through the process with the best possible advice.
- Calm your nervous system and support your adrenals. Our product Happy Calm can support you if you feel the need.
It’s important to remember that our bodies respond differently because we’re all experiencing different levels of imbalance during the various stages of life. I encourage you to get in touch with our support team or email us at email@example.com so we can look deeper into your case and give you the appropriate recommendations for moving forward.
Here at Happy Healthy You, our team of experienced naturopaths are always on hand to assist you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out and get in touch with us anytime, wherever you may be on your journey to better hormonal health!
If you have not yet taken our online women's health assessment, I would strongly suggest this as well. It will give you a benchmark of your symptoms now and you can retake the assessment in 3 months to gauge your improvements.