Our Happy Weight range consists of 5 delicious vegan and non-vegan options. Regardless of which delicious option and flavour you choose, they all contain prebiotics, probiotics, vitamins, and minerals that assist with energy production, fat metabolism, and digestive health, and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
The aim of Happy Weight is to provide you with nutrition, whilst reducing your overall daily calorie intake. The entire Happy Weight range is gluten-free, and grain-free, and does not contain artificial sweeteners, flavours, colours, and preservatives.
Our naturopathically formulated Happy Weight formula may help you achieve your Happy Weight while working with your body to support you along your health journey.
Important Elements of Happy Weight
- Both prebiotics and probiotics may assist with digestive health, nutrient absorption, and assimilation
- B vitamins which may assist with hormone metabolism and energy production
- Chromium which may assist with blood sugar regulation and sugar cravings
- Either whey protein concentrate or organic pea and hemp protein as a lean source of protein
- Green tea and green coffee extracts which may support your metabolism without being overstimulating
- Glutamine which may assist with muscle recovery and digestive support
Happy Weight is simply an effective, holistic weight management tool to support you toward achieving your goal.
It does this in a number of ways:
Having a shake in place of dinner reduces your carbohydrate load and keeps insulin levels low. This allows your body to kick into energy burn
(using glycogen stores) leading up to bedtime and then dipping into adipose (fat) tissue stores through the night, so you’re effectively burning fat while sleeping.
- Having a Happy Weight shake instead of a meal reduces your overall caloric intake during the day.
- Happy Weight increases your protein. We know that the inclusion of protein helps to improve thermogenesis and promotes fat loss.
- Happy Weight contains prebiotics and probiotics which may assist with overall digestive health. It also provides a good serving of protein and some chromium which may assist in blood sugar balance and sugar cravings.
The fact that Happy Weight contains a good serve of protein also makes it a great option for many different situations, including those listed below:
- People who don't get enough protein in their diets. You could be eating protein from a variety of food sources including seafood, chicken, turkey, eggs, meat, tempeh, legumes, nuts, and seeds, but you may not be eating a serve at every meal.
- Vegans or vegetarians who fail to include enough protein in their day due to limited choices. Try our Happy Weight Vegan which is delicious and contains organic pea and hemp protein.
- Plant-based diet advocates who want a lower-carb and higher-protein option. Many vegan sources of protein (e.g. legumes) are higher in carbohydrates whereas Happy Weight is not. Yet, Happy Weight still provides a filling, plant-based source of protein.
- People with busy lifestyles who need the convenience of a complete and easy-to-prepare meal that’s rich in proteins.
- People needing a post-workout refuel option that is free of nasties. Combined in a smoothie with a banana for added carbohydrates, Happy Weight is great for replenishing your glycogen stores. Nourishing your body when you exercise regularly is incredibly important.
Why you need Happy Weight
We need to recover properly in order to support healthy fat loss:
- By increasing muscle protein synthesis (growth)
- By avoiding continued muscle breakdown (catabolism)
- By enhancing and promoting recovery
Are all protein powders created equally?
No. There are tubs of protein powders lining the walls of health food shops around the world. So what makes them all different?
- The type/s of protein used
- The types of flavours and sweeteners used
- Additional ingredients used to enhance the product’s benefits
- How the protein is processed
Soy-based proteins can be derived from genetically modified soy and can have detrimental effects on certain women.
Good quality whey protein concentrate is a great source of readily available protein which is much more tolerable on the digestive system due to its low lactose content.
Whole food organic plant proteins like pea protein isolate and hemp are wonderful, too. Pea protein isolate is a low-allergenic, easily absorbable protein with a good amino acid profile. It is high in the amino acids lysine, arginine, and glutamine. We also love hemp protein because it contains all 9 essential amino acids and is a concentrated, easy-to-digest form of protein.
What makes Happy Weight and Happy Weight Vegan different?
In addition to a nutritious protein base, our Happy Weight range contains prebiotics, probiotics, MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides), green tea extract, green coffee extract, vitamins and more. It is a well rounded, delicious tasting powder without any artificial sweeteners, anti-caking agents or flavor enhancers to help it taste or mix better.
Don't forget to drink your Happy Weight shake