Why Happy Weight?
Happy Weight (HW) is our meal replacement tool. While on the 28-day Happy Weight Program we encourage women to use it in combination with a well-balanced, whole-food diet.
In this article, I will discuss in detail how this meal replacement will help you achieve your happy weight goals and how our shakes are different from other store-bought powders.
First and foremost, Happy Weight is a simple and effective tool to support your weight loss or weight management goals. It does this in a number of ways:
- Having a shake in place of dinner reduces your carbohydrate load and keeps insulin levels low. This allows your body to kick into energy burn (using glycogen stores) leading up to bedtime and then dipping into adipose (fat) tissue stores through the night. That way, you’re effectively burning fat while sleeping.
- Having an HW shake reduces your overall daily caloric intake.
- HW increases your protein. We know that the inclusion of protein-rich foods increases thermogenesis and promotes fat loss.
- HW contains specific ingredients which target some of the most common blocks to effectively burning fat. These include:
- Poor gut flora - HW contains L- glutamine, prebiotic fibre, fermented grains.
- High toxic load - HW contains milk thistle extract, carnitine, and antioxidants.
- Insulin resistance - HW contains a good serve of protein and no sugar, so it won’t cause major spikes in insulin.
- Slow metabolism - HW contains cayenne, hypoallergenic protein, green tea extract, green coffee extract, and B vitamins.
Added benefits of Happy Weight
As you can see above, Happy Weight powder is more than just a meal replacement. The fact that it contains a good serve of protein also makes it a great option for many different situations, including those listed below:
- Women who don't get enough protein in their diets. That could be anyone who does eat protein-rich foods from sources such as seafood, chicken, turkey, eggs, meat, tempeh, legumes, nuts and seeds but fails to have a regular portion at every meal.
- Vegans or vegetarians who fail to include enough protein in their daily diet, thinking they have very limited choices.
- Vegans or vegetarians trying to lose weight by avoiding certain protein-rich foods because such sources are equally high in carbohydrates. (e.g. legumes and tempeh)
- People with busy lifestyles who need the convenience of a complete and easy-to-prepare meal that’s rich in proteins.
- Individuals needing a post-workout refuel option that’s free of nasties. Nourishing your body when you exercise regularly is incredibly important.
Happy Weight for proper recovery
When we’re trying to lose weight, we may be subjecting our bodies to lots of physical strains and activities that can affect our health. This is particularly true if we’re not receiving the proper nutritional support. In every weight loss regime, we need to recover properly in order to support healthy fat loss. There are a few ways to do this:
- By increasing muscle protein synthesis (growth)
- By avoiding continued muscle breakdown (catabolism)
- By enhancing and promoting recovery
Are all protein powders created equally?
No. There are tubs of protein powders lining the walls of every pharmacy and health food shop around the world and they’re not all the same. So what makes them different from each other?
- The type/s of protein used (whey or plant-based)
- The types of flavours and sweeteners used
- Additional ingredients used to enhance the product’s benefits
- How the protein is processed
Soy-based proteins may be derived from genetically modified soy and can have detrimental effects for certain women. Fortunately, good-quality whey proteins are much more easily found nowadays, with organic and grass-fed options available. Still, these may cause digestive upset or other symptoms in people sensitive to whey, casein, and/or lactose.
The quality of protein powders may also differ, meaning many products tend to have higher amounts of lactose, fat and fillers. To fortify these formulas, most protein powders used as meal replacements include a long list of synthetic, lab-produced nutrients that are poorly absorbed and can cause digestive disturbance.
What Makes Happy Weight different?
Happy Weight is a plant-based pea and rice protein formulation with no nasties like artificial sweeteners, anti-caking agents or flavour enhancers to help it taste or mix better. Rice proteins are hypoallergenic, gluten-free and have a neutral taste. Pea proteins, on the other hand, have no saturated fat or cholesterol. They are also highly digestible, hypoallergenic and rich in amino acids, particularly lysine, arginine and glutamine. Happy Weight also contains fermented grains and prebiotic fibre to ensure good digestibility, with beneficial bacteria being delivered to our gut. Lastly, it contains an array of superfoods to enhance its nutritional value.
For healthy weight and optimum wellness, don't forget to drink your Happy Weight shake every day! We also suggest you join our Happy Weight Facebook Group to connect with other Happy Weight users and share your experiences and thoughts.