- In a small bowl place the burghul and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a fry pan heat one tablespoon of the oil and cook the garlic, onion, cumin, coriander powder (if using) salt and pepper cook for 5 minutes. Set aside and cool slightly.
- In a high-speed blender place the cooled onion mixture, plus the burghul, tomato paste, mint, fresh coriander and salmon (cut into 4 cm pieces) and another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is well combined.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick fry pan. Shape the mixture into balls, flatten slightly and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with your favourite salad and a wedge of lemon topped with some extra mint to garnish.