A tasty versatile dish can be use as part of a main or as a side dish or even dip with carrot sticks..
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Wash and pat dry the eggplant and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven on a baking tray and cook for 30-45 minutes or until the centres are soft and mushy. Allow to cool.
- When the are cool, cut in half and remove all the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, garlic and ginger stir fry until soft. Add the sliced chilli and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and salt and cook for another 10 minutes. Then add the chilli powder if required, paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric and 4 tablespoons of the fresh coriander. Stir in well and cook for two minutes.
- Add the eggplant flesh, stir in the garam masala and mix well and serve. Garnished with the remaining fresh coriander.