- Cook the tempeh first. If using the oven, lay tempeh flat on a baking tray and cook at 180℃ on a fan-forced setting for 20 mins. If using a stove, heat a wok or fry pan and add a little oil and all of the tempeh. Saute until brownish and set aside.
- Heat a separate fry pan and add the remaining oil.
- Add shallots, garlic, chili, galangal, and lime leaves. Saute until fragrant.
- Add green beans and a splash of water. Mix until the beans become softer.
- Add tempeh, salt, pepper, and kecap manis (or coconut aminos). Continue to mix until everything is cooked well.
- If you prefer crunchy beans, turn heat off now. For softer beans, keep cooking until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve on brown rice.