Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the best tonics for your health. Alkalising and a digestive stimulant, it is an essential part of any healthy lifestyle.
- Cut your apples into 1/2 sized pieces or slices. Place them in a sterile mason or glass jar.
- Mix your honey with 1 cup of warm water and add it to the jar. Be sure to use warm water so the honey will dissolve a little.
- Add more water if needed so the apples are completely covered. Cover the jar using an air lock, or use a scrap of cloth secured with a rubber band. This keeps bacteria away while letting the liquid breathe.
- Place your jar in a warm, dark place for 2 weeks until the mixture has formed cider. Strain the liquid and compost the apple pieces
- Return the liquid to the same jar and cover it with a clean cloth. Leave the jar in a dark place again for 4-6 weeks until it's turned to vinegar.