- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil and saute onion until tender. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and saute for another few minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock, lentils, passata, and chopped coriander (not the leaves for garnish). Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer gently for 25 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for a few more minutes. (If you want a thinner soup, just add 100ml water.)
- You can serve the soup as is or process it in a high-speed blender or food processor for a much smoother consistency.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander.