Contrary to popular belief, quinoa is not a grain, but a seed that contains all the essential elements to create a perfect protein. It’s gluten-free and low GI, making it the perfect choice for diabetics or anyone trying to lower their blood sugar levels.
- In a large saucepan, cook the quinoa as directed on the packet and add the stock powder to the water.
- Toss the pumpkin in the coconut oil and roast until tender and cooked. 15-20 minutes.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well.
- To serve, spread an even amount of quinoa on each plate, top with the roasted pumpkin, chick peas, mung beans, sliced avocado and coriander.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.