- Place the cherries into a small saucepan and slowly heat, until they simmer for a few minutes. They will soften and become mushy. Allow to cool.Line a 7 inch square pan with baking paper.
- In a different sauce pan, slowly melt the coconut butter with the coconut oil. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a bowl add the desiccated coconut, pour the melted coconut mixture over the coconut and mix very well.
- Using 2/3 of this mixture spread it evenly over the base of the pan and press down firmly. (aprox 1 cup). With the remaining coconut mixture add the cooled cherries and mix well.
- Spread the cherry mixture evenly over the base layer and press down firmly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave or double boiler gently melt the chocolate.
- Once the slice is set, drizzle with the melted chocolate. Allow to set for another 15 minutes in the fridge.
- * Notes:You can buy coconut butter at healthfood shops or you can make your own in a high speed food processor.To make it you just need 200 grams of desiccated non sweetened coconut. Place it in the food processor and blend on high for aprox 10 minutes in total. You will need to do it in intervals and scrape down the sides as well as give your machine a rest. It will get very hot. The heat from the motor will help with coconut to process. You will know when you have the desired consistence of a thick butter. Make sure your chocolate is dark and has a high cocoa content.