- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Cook the chopped onions until soft, then add the garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in the celery and carrots, then add the parsley, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, and soy sauce. Mix well over medium heat.
- Add the lentils and vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until lentils are soft (about 40 minutes).
- Stir in the frozen peas and remove from heat. Cool a bit before using as stuffing for baked potatoes, bell peppers or mushrooms.
- TIP: Make a batch to freeze and use as stuffing for a variety of dishes.