Vegetable & Quinoa Stack Recipe
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time55 mins
- Tri-coloured Quinoa, cooked 2 cups
- LSA - Linseed, Sunflower & Almond meal 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds 2 tbsp
- Water 8 tbsp
- Kale leaves, de-veined, rinsed and dried 5 leaves
- Zucchinis, sliced lengthways 4
- Cauliflower, chopped into florets 1/4
- Red Onion, sliced into rounds 3
- Tahini, unhulled 1 tbsp
- Cumin 2 tbsp
- Himalayan Salt 1 pinch
- Pumpkin, sliced lengthways 1/4
- Organic Eggs, whisked 8
- Vegetable layers: Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line baking trays with baking paper. Place sliced zucchini, pumpkin (sprinkled with cumin) and onion on baking trays. Place in oven for 15–20 mins, until veg is slightly cooked/soft. Zucchini may need less time than pumpkin and onion, depending on thickness. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Quinoa crust: Whilst vegetables are baking, measure 1 cup quinoa, pour into sieve, rinse under running cold water and drain. Place quinoa into a medium saucepan. Measure 2 cups water (1:2 ratio) and pour into saucepan. Place onto stove top and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to low-heat, cover with saucepan lid and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (15–20mins). Remove from heat and remove lid, let sit for 5 minutes and fluff with fork. In a mixing bowl, add chia seeds and LSA. Mix evenly and add water. Whisk until a paste is formed. Once quinoa has cooled down a bit. Measure out 2 cups, add to chia and LSA mix. Sprinkle in salt, add cracked pepper to taste and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Assembling: Line a loaf or cake tin with baking paper (can be round/square or rectangle, whatever you prefer).
Place quinoa crust mixture into the bottom of the tin and even out with a fork. Once even, press down with the back of the fork to stick it together.
Layer kale leaves on top of quinoa; then pumpkin slices; then red onion; and finally the zucchini.
Pour whisked eggs slowly on top of zucchini slices so egg sinks through the layers.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in oven for 30 mins, remove and place cauliflower florets on top of vegetable bake.
Place back in oven for 15–25 mins. All together will be cooking for 45–55 mins, until egg has completely cooked (checking the middle with a skewer).