Happy Healthy Vegan Burgers Recipe
Prep Time30 mins (overnight to soak nuts)
Cook Time30 mins
- Beetroot, chopped 2 medium
- Brazil nuts, soaked 6-8 hrs & rinsed 2 cups
- Shitake or brown mushrooms, chopped 300 g
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Onion, chopped 2 medium
- Fresh sage or thyme, chopped ¼ cup
- Fresh parsley ½ cup
- Smokey paprika 1 tsp
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Sorghum or any gluten-free flour ½ cup
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180℃ (350℉).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Gently saute garlic, ½ the onions, mushrooms, and sage in olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the sauteed mixture in a food processor, Thermomix or mixing bowl. Mix well. (If using a mixing bowl make sure to chop everything finely.)
- Form ‘burger patties’ about ½ inch thick and lay them on the baking tray. (I use thin gloves as your hands will turn pink from the beetroot.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
- (These Vegan Burgers can also be made in advance and frozen.)